March 8th, 2013 |
TGIF! It’s been a busy week around here. I always love when my favorite blogs give a little update as to what they did or worked on during the week….it’s a fun peek into the behind the scenes of their lives. I decided I would start sharing my weekly recaps with you. A little peek into what we worked on, photo shoots we did, maybe even a peek into what’s coming next week! So here goes my first weekly recap….
This week, our team did….
- Two photo shoots for my book, Stylish Kids Parties (F+W Media, 2013), with the cutest little models you could imagine. Both parties were colorful and girly….and I can’t wait to show them to you!
- Finished up the Spring 2013 issue of The Party Dress Magazine to head off to the printer. We’re changing things up a bit this year, and I will share more details with you next week. But let me tell you, it’s chock full of gorgeous ideas for Spring entertaining, parties and holiday celebrations. And, it’s officially available for purchase in the shop HERE.
- Shot a couple DIY step tutorials to go along with ideas in the new issue of the magazine. (the photo above is from one of them – I’m wearing my new go-to uniform for Spring – darling pink tunic from Sail to Sable – cute, right?!)
- We are always busy producing and shipping out orders, but there are an influx of Spring parties going out the door these days! It could be because we added a few cute new collections, including a Dapper Derby party, a Luau Hawaiian party, a gorgeous collection of blue and green patterned party goods and so many more! More items and more collections will be added next week too…
- Our Cake Plate Clings were filmed for an upcoming episode of DIY Network’s show, I Want That! I am SO excited to see them hitting the screen sometime between April – June. I’ll share the date as soon as we hear the news!
- Speaking of the Cake Plate Clings, the spring patterns are flying out the door! I’ll share some of them with you next week….but if you can’t wait, check them out HERE.
- Blogged about THE most amazing Hello Kitty themed party we recently worked on with a client. You can view the decorations and the dessert table details in all of their pink, black and white glory on the blog!
- Worked on about 10 different custom projects. Did you know that I do custom designs? Yup. A lot of them! Do you have an idea for a party and want help – shoot me an e-mail!
- Had a meeting about fine-tuning our wholesale paper collection and officially launching the Clings wholesale….BIG things are in the works!!
- Started looking into traveling to NYC for the National Stationery Show in May. Anyone else going?
I’m looking forward to finishing up another 4 chapters of the book this weekend, and spending some time with family. Next week brings some exciting projects, a colorful event and lots of fun new products and news to share with you.
To follow along behind the scenes with the WH Hostess/The Party Dress team, follow me on Instagram! (@whhostess)
Have a great weekend, friends….see you back here on Monday!
February 28th, 2013 |
It’s always a pleasure to share one of our client parties with you….especially when it’s one of our favorite clients! I can’t believe that this is the third birthday party we have done for sweet Alexandra. Do you remember her Monkey Love 1st birthday and her Girly Elmo 2nd birthday party? This year, she decided she wanted a Hello Kitty Party, and it was my pleasure to work with her mom to create a gorgeous, stylized, glam twist on this character party. From a gorgeous lounge area to stunning florals, unique eats and a pink and black dessert table that is TO.DIE.FOR., this party has so many details that I am going to have to split it up into a few posts. Today’s post is all about the party decor, and many of the details could serve as inspiration for any pink, black and white event. Guests were invited with a pink & white gingham check party invitation in our new flourish shape. It set the tone for a classic, yet festive birthday party. The day of the party, guests were welcomed into the house by a jumbo-balloon lined front path, and Hello Kitty hanging welcome sign. Upon entering the house, they were “wow’d” by a cluster of hanging pomander balls in the foyer, made from carnations, you will see we repeated this look throughout the party. The family room was set up with tables for adults and children, each featuring their own unique look. The adult tables were scattered about inside and out, and featured a mixture of hot pink silk tablecloths, and black and white polka dot ones. Silver, footed vessels held gorgeous arrangements of pink roses. The children had their own, very special table: a low table covered in black linens with a table runner made from our custom bow lattice fabric, hot pink chairs, and three darling centerpieces. Two of centerpieces were polka dot-covered vases with dense pink carnations and coordinating centerpiece sticks, and the very special one in the center of the table was a hello kitty head made completely of flowers! I just LOVE these mini hot pink Chivari chairs! They really pop agains the black tablecloth and highlight our custom bow lattice fabric table runner. I don’t know about you, but I would DIE to pull up a chair at this table! The yard was decorated with balloons, and a few different seating areas for people to relax in. Their outdoor living room was dressed up with throw pillows made from our coordinating custom fabric in gingham check and bow lattice patterns. And my favorite part….the black and white cabana striped tent, which held a seating arrangement of modern white chairs and chaises, and big hot pink throw pillows. It was the perfect spot to relax while enjoying a “meow mojito”. Stay tuned tomorrow for more details on this gorgeous Hello Kitty party, including all of the food and drink details. I’ll leave you today with this cute shot of the birthday girl running into the party!
Photography by Ellenzilla
February 26th, 2013 |
We are SNOWED IN here in Chicago and you know what that means?! Time for some serious internet shopping! Since we’ll be scouring the web for new must-have items tonight, we thought we would share the love with all of you. So for ONE DAY ONLY, enjoy 20% off at whhostess.com. Happy Shopping! (or shoveling, depending where you live!)
February 26th, 2013 |
I’ve been hard at work completing the layouts for our Spring magazine. Launching in just a week, there are so many lovely Spring ideas – I can’t wait to share them with you. Without giving TOO much away, I wanted to give you a peek into one of the stories and my new favorite color palette: Hot Pink, Navy Blue and Emerald Green. Preppy, chic, and playful with that punch of Pantone’s Color of the Year, Emerald.
You will see a gorgeous party in the magazine featuring ideas how to use it, but for now, I am leaving you with my pinterest board full of ideas for entertaining, home decor and fashion is these beautiful shades.
February 19th, 2013 |
The Oscars are one of the most anticipated nights of the year in my family….well, at least for my mother, sister and I. The men can be found running to the hills trying to escape the red carpet gossip. Ever since I was a little girl, we would all gather around the TV and watch the red carpet from start to finish, as well as the awards show itself. Between us friends, it is not unusual for my sister to put on an evening gown for the occasion (with her slippers)!
If you are like us, half the fun is betting on who will take home the statue. There are so many darling free printables out there for you to download. You can find many of them (along with more Oscar party ideas) on my Pinterest board. I just love this ballot that One Charming Party designed.
We keep it simple – carryout is typically involved so no one misses a second of the show. But it is fun to dress up our cocktails with some festive straws. I love how the Glitter Guide embellished these charming polka dot ones with gold tinsel. I may serve up some theme-appropriate desserts as well. I love these ideas from Amy Atlas: star shaped brownies or cookies, cupcakes topped with licorice rolls to look like film wheels. Or perhaps I will serve popcorn in these charming paper cones from Birds Party:
How do you celebrate/entertain/watch the Oscars?
February 12th, 2013 |
Four years ago this week, I timidly dipped my big toe into the blogging pool. Thousands of posts, 8 (almost 9 magazines), a book deal and a thriving stationery business later….it’s been a busy four years! I’m so grateful to each one of you, our readers, so to celebrate our 4th birthday, I’m offering you a 20% discount on your WH Hostess order between today and Friday. It’s a great time to plan your next party, or stock up on stationery and personalized gifts. Enjoy!
February 11th, 2013 |
We’re SO excited to be co-hosting a Pinterest Party tonight with Project Nursery, Old Navy and SO many fabulous hostesses. Project Nursery is partnering with Old Navy to celebrate their sale offering up to 40% off all baby and kids clothing (sale ends February 20, 2013), and we have teamed up with them and some of the most stylish party planners, designers and bloggers to create a jaw-dropping Pinterest board for a pin party extravaganza! Not sure how to dress your little one for their next birthday bash? We’ve got you covered! We’ll be pairing stylish outfits from the Old Navy Kids and Baby Sale with over-the-top party themes.
Log on February 11th at 6pm PST/9pm EST to see the pinning in progress or check back after to see our complete Party Inspiration Pin Board.
February 11th, 2013 |
I’m back with a little peek from my book, Stylish Kids Parties (launching Fall 2013, F+W Media). Kids love holidays, so of course we had to include some holiday party ideas. Since Valentine’s Day is this week, I thought I would share one of my favorite ideas: chocolate tic tac toe games! Whether you use it as a party activity, or a special Valentine’s Day treat for your kiddos’ friends – it’s simple and oh, so much fun.
I packaged up a roll of washi tape from Shop Sweet Lulu with a set of chocolate X’s and O’s that I made using plastic molds and melting chocolates from Michael’s. So simple to do, and the kids had a blast with it!
Stay tuned for more behind the scenes posts for the book coming soon! Did you catch this one?