August 10th, 2010 |
This summer-y watermelon cocktail from Sunset Magazine sounds just delicious! So simple, yet so festive…..here’s the how-to:
Whirl chunks of watermelon in a food processor until blended, then strain. Rub the rim of a martini glass with a cut lemon wedge, then dip rim in a shallow plate of sugar. Pour 3 tbsp. watermelon juice, 2 tbsp. brandy, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, and 2 tbsp. Cointreau into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake thoroughly, then strain into glass. Garnish with watermelon wedges. YUM, right?!
August 9th, 2010 |
Jenna of Eat Drink Pretty blog sent me a darling bridal shower she recently hosted for her best friend Kristin who is getting married in September. The shower theme was vintage/garden and I just fell in love with all of the chic little details….
A few details from Jenna herself:
- Gorgeous flowers, lots of lace, a perfect backyard venue, good food and drinks and a lot of fun guests and hosts brought this shower to life!
- Using different color ribbon, I hung bud vases from the side of the tent.
- I found cute yellow floral fabric at JoAnn Fabrics and created bunting. I took many shortcuts making this bunting. There was no sewing involved (I don’t own a sewing machine and though I may seem somewhat crafty, I have no idea how to sew). Instead, I cut penants and then used fabric glue to adhere them to a pretty lace ribbon. It was so simple and I loved the results. Materials needed: fabric, scissors, ribbon and fabric glue.
- The flowers were from one of the bridesmaids mom’s house. They really helped bring the “garden” vibe to the shower given the flowers were truly from a garden and we had tons and tons of them. The flowers were placed in mason jars and then some were tied with lace ribbon.
- We used a tea pot and some dainty tea cups/saucers as decor. Delicate, simple and lovely.
- We had a brunch cocktail table set up with build-your-own mimosas, bellinis and bloody mary’s. If you haven’t noticed already, I am a huge fan of alcoholic beverages at showers!
- I used a free download for the drink tags via Eat Drink Chic. I absolutely love finding free downloads for party stationery!
- Kristin chose her favorite cupcakes from Cafe Latte in St. Paul for dessert, chocolate with vanilla buttercream. I embellished them with an edible pansy from one of my favorite Mpls Farmers’ Market vendors, Dehn’s Garden.
- Mini chalkboards were used to label the dessert and menu
Gorgeous details, right?! I especially love the hanging bud vases (they fit right into my hanging decoration obsession!) I think you could pull inspiration from this for a baby shower, birthday party or luncheon, too!
August 5th, 2010 |
I apologize for being light on posts this week! Between a business trip to NYC, preparations for a bunch of upcoming birthday parties and uploading new product onto WH Hostess…..well, I’m a busy bee! Although it’s early…..the first part of our holiday collection (our very first holiday collection!) is up on the site…..and I would love to hear your feedback!
Here’s a sneak peek….a little taste of the products to come….of the some of the items you need to create a party-perfect holiday!
July 30th, 2010 |
I have a darling party to share with you today! A darling BOY birthday party….which I know you all think is hard to come by! This is an amazing example of a stylized party that appeals to both little boys and their parents! I was contacted by Gavin’s mom to help her out with some party goods for her son’s upcoming 3rd birthday party. Since he was turning “3”, they decided they wanted to have a “3 alarm fire” birthday party. Cute, right?!
Held in a local Kansas City park, this party is stocked full of charming, Midwest details….red and white check table cloths, a vintage toy fire truck placed center stage on the buffet table, and delicious food including fire roasted corn, summer cous cous, mini steak sandwiches, cupcakes and whoopie pies for dessert (wait until you see the pictures below….delicious!).
WH Hostess made the cupcake toppers that were stuck in the cupcakes and whoopie pies, stickers that were placed on red party favor bags, and our centerpiece sticks were placed into red and yellow floral centerpieces.
Gavin’s mom did a beautiful job styling this party! It’s always so fun for me to see our WH Hostess party goods styled at parties….I still get such a kick out of it! I think this theme is just darling for summer and fall boy birthday parties, and could be perfect for a baby shower, too. Take a peak below at all of the items we offer in the collection:
July 28th, 2010 |
I am absolutely in love with this gorgeous centerpiece I saw from a recent wedding featured on Style Me Pretty! It’s such a simple and inexpensive idea – gather a series of glass vases and hurricanes, fill with water, and place a floating candle in each of them. Clustered together the glow makes a huge impact! This could be a lovely centerpiece for a buffet table, a holiday party or bridal shower.
Image via Style Me Pretty
July 27th, 2010 |
The Party Dress’s shop thru OpenSky allows me to bring you some of the most fabulous entertaining items on the market – and today, it allows me to give you a discount on them! Shop fast! Now thru Saturday, July 31st – you can choose between these great offers:
– JulyFreeShip – free shipping on any product thru 7/31 or
– July20pct – take 20% off any one product thru 7/31
It’s the perfect time to pick up that item you have been pining over this summer! I leave you with a few of my new favorite items in the shop: blue dinner plates, blue & white ikat print salad plates, Trina Turk placemats & napkins, white and red wine decanters, and a stunning glass cloche/antique nickel cake stand. What are your favorite products in the shop?
July 26th, 2010 |
Hot, summer nights have me dreaming of tropical vacations! The next best thing? A tropical dinner party, of course!
I love the idea of creating a sophisticated version of the traditional luau theme – bright, floral linens with modern, orchid centerpieces, tropical cocktails served in martini glasses, and an outdoor location decorated with the modern-day tiki torch – the lantern!
Head on back tomorrow to see our vision for a kid’s tropical luau party!
Images: invitation (paperculture.com), centerpiece (weddingchannel.com), drinks (gemmacomas.com), table setting (instyleweddings.com), paper umbrella placecards (bethhelmstetter.com), picnic (brightideas.com)
July 23rd, 2010 |
I’ve been drooling over this outdoor room from Pottery Barn all summer – it’s the perfect inspiration for an outdoor entertaining space, and would make the perfect location for an alfresco dinner party! Pop ruby red and canary yellow against the black and white patterns in accents such as napkins, cocktails or a floral centerpiece. Delicious and pretty!
Images: outdoor room (potterybarn.com), tart sampler (horchow.com), hurricanes (midwestliving.com), placecard (whhostess.com), tomato stack appetizer (cookinglight.com), centerpiece (theknot.com), drink dispenser (potterybarn.com)
July 22nd, 2010 |
I’m always on the lookout for a delicious idea for lunch – especially when I’m entertaining my girlfriends! This chop salad caught my eye for a couple of reasons: 1) it just looks so darn pretty! I love the presentation! 2) the fresh ingredients used are sure to be tasty and 3) I love that it is a full meal, but only one dish (less to clean up, less to prepare!).
Can’t you just picture a sunny lunch with girlfriends with some cheery flowers, sweet lemonade and this delicious chop salad?!
Images: chop salad (styleathome.com), juice bottles (helennorman.com), table setting (amyatlas.com)