January 18th, 2016 |
The New Year means a shift in my daily routine. The craziness of the holiday season is behind me, as are the constant demands of looking pulled together and fashionable at all of the trunk shows and holiday parties I attend. January brings a new sense of calm to my daily schedule (is that possible with a 2 year old?!), yet I don’t want to fall into the oh, so easy habit of pulling my hair into a ponytail and bopping around town in my yoga pants. Just because it’s a studio-focused design month, doesn’t mean it should be a frumpy month, right?!
This weekend, I picked up a copy of PEOPLE StyleWatch® and InStyle® at my local Jewel-Osco for a little inspiration. I carved out a little “me time” Sunday night to enjoy some relaxation, get inspired and do a little primping. One of my New Years resolutions is to make sure I do this on a regular basis!
These magazines are filled to the brim with stylish ideas, but here are a few of my takeaways and simple tips I am going to do my best to follow everyday:
- Update my hair. It was time for an update. The fastest, simplest way to do that this season?! Long bangs, and some slight wave to your hair. So, I did it – I took the plunge and cut bangs. I do this about every 10 years when I need a change. They will hang around for awhile, and then I will grow them back out. But for now, I’m enjoying the change.
- Apply a couple basic make-up items a day, to look fresh and like I put a little effort into my appearance. For me, that includes under-eye concealer, blush, and a massive dose of mascara. My two-year-old son has eyelashes for days. Mama needs to at least try to keep up! 😉
- Incorporate the 2016 fashion colors into my shopping list for Spring.
- Keep my nails and toenails well-groomed at all times. A little red nail polish goes a long way!
- Accessorize more. Throwing on a gorgeous necklace or pair of earrings is a simple way to quickly elevate your everyday look. I am going to make it a point to pull out my baubles more often. I am also going to keep my favorite go-to pieces out on top of my dresser so it’s a quick grab in the morning. I pulled all of my favorite, oversized stud earrings into a little bowl on my dresser.
And as I mentioned above, I am going to make it a point to carve out a little “me time” more often! It’s good for a busy Mama’s soul! I encourage you to carve out a little time for relaxation and inspiration too.
Take advantage of $1.00 off participating titles (PEOPLE®, InStyle®, People StyleWatch®, Real Simple®, and Sunset®) with this digital offer until 2/15/16 while supplies last.
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and PEOPLE StyleWatch®, InStyle® Magazines but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #NewYearMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
October 5th, 2015 |
Fall seems like a season of crazy, am I right?! Whether it’s back-to-school craziness, or for us, jumping into the holiday season with two feet – I find it’s tough to manage to squeeze in a little “Me Time”. You know, a few totally un-interrupted minutes where you can sit down and relax.
I try really hard to find a few minutes a day to sit down and flip thru one of my favorite magazines. And maybe enjoy a few bites of chocolate, too. Magazines, such as Real Simple, and InStyle Magazine are a great source of inspiration for me. Flipping thru them inspires me to try a new recipe for dinner, or pull together a new Fall outfit for that next night out. I would love to tell you that I make it thru a full magazine un-interrupted, but the reality with an (almost) two year old, is that my “Me Time” quickly turns into “we time”……
But, I wouldn’t have it any other way!
My girlfriends are just as crazed as I am, so I thought it would be fun to surprise them with a little “Me Time” care package – complete with the season’s newest magazines, and of course, a chocolate bar! I stopped by Jewel-Osco to pick up my favorite magazines, and I tied a cute green ribbon around the stack of magazines, and then used letter stickers to personalize the ribbon. Cute and what a fun surprise!
Take advantage of $1.00 off participating titles (PEOPLE®, InStyle®, People StyleWatch®, Real Simple®, and Sunset®) with this digital offer until 10/18/15 while supplies last.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and PEOPLE®, , InStyle®, Real Simple® Magazines but all my opinions and ideas are my own. #pmedia #BacktoMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
September 2nd, 2015 |
New product launches are ALWAYS fun, and this one is one of my favorites! Our new lucite catchall trays are 6×6 in size, and come with a removable, personalized insert. They are perfect for holding jewelry on your dresser, catching your keys by the front door, storing baby necessities on the changing table, or stationery on your desk. They come in a ton of darling patterns (and most designs offer 6-12 different color options), allowing you to create a piece perfect for your home. And at $32, they also make the perfect gift!
June 30th, 2015 |
Are you hosting a 4th of July party this weekend? I have a fun little “freebie” for you today! Send your guests home with a paper cracker full of candy or small gifts. These are super simple to make, and I’m even including a free printable label for you below.
Here’s the how-to: save your empty toilet paper rolls, fill them up with candy/small gifts, and then wrap in a sheet of tissue paper. Tie each end with ribbon and wrap with our free printable label. Super simple, yet oh, so stylish! Have fun! (click on the image of labels below for the free download)
June 19th, 2015 |
Remember that iconic phrase from the classic movie, Dirty Dancing, “I carried a watermelon”?! Make this your go-to motto for summer hostess gifts, buy gifting my oh, so simple monogrammed watermelon to your host! Everyone loves a watermelon; it’s inexpensive, delicious and can typically serve a small army. So it’s the perfect thing to bring when someone invites you over for a summer BBQ or pool party.
To jazz it up, I used a small pumpkin-carving knife to carve out the initial of our hosts’ last name. It’s cute, personalized – and literally took me under 2 minutes to do! Simply draw out the letter(s) you want to carve out, use a small carving knife to edge out the letter, and rock the pieces back and forth until they come loose.
Everyone loves something personalized. Trust me, you are going to wow your friends with this one!
June 17th, 2015 |
4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, and I always use it as an excuse to host some summer parties, and put together gifts for friends and neighbors. These cellophane bags with white stars on them from Party City are perfect for packaging food gifts or party favors, and look especially patriotic accessorized with our navy blue gingham gift stickers!
May 19th, 2015 |
Memorial Day weekend marks the start of Summer and that gives us many reasons to celebrate! Summer parties evoke an Americana feel to them, with classic red, white and blue color palettes for Memorial Day, 4th of July, BBQs and picnics. WH Hostess recently launched a new collection of party invitations and we’ve got you covered with the modern classics that will help you entertain all summer long.
Check out our new invitations here.
March 9th, 2015 |
This Easter, surprise your friends and family with a PAPER PERFECT Easter basket, filled to the brim with personalized stationery. WH Hostess has a variety of preppy, personalized paper goods for you to choose from and we’ve put together a few ideas for styling the perfect basket below.
1. Find the most darling Easter basket in town. We love this greenvine basket from Pottery Barn (it comes in different sizes, too!).
2. Fill it with a fun writing utensil, such as patterned pencils, a polka dot pen, or our particular favorites: these green greek key patterned pens from IOMOI. (We use these at trunk shows since they match our branding so well, and clients BEG us to take them home with them!)
3. Choose a patterned notepad from WH Hostess’s new collection. There are so many darling designs to choose from, and each one can be color coordinated to your basket’s color scheme.
4. Select a coordinating notecard (flat or folded) from our social stationery collection. PS – there are darling designs just for kids too. The perfect addition to your kiddos’ Easter basket!
5. Fill up a cellophane bag with pastel candy (these are from Candywarehouse.com) and put a personalized Easter Bunny gift sticker on it.
6. Tie it up with a beautiful ribbon and….
7. Attach a personalized foil-stamped gift tag!
November 10th, 2014 |
The most magical time of the year is upon us and it’s time to stock up on your holiday entertaining items and preppy, personalized gifts. We have so many festive items in the shop this year. Here are a few of our favorites:
Our gorgeous foil-stamped beverage napkins are the perfect addition to your bar cart, but also make a fabulous hostess gift!
Set festive table for a holiday dinner party, or surprise your kiddos with a special, personalized plate.
Hot chocolate tastes sweeter when served up in a darling ceramic mug. PS – these are also our #1 teacher gift!
Serve up drinks & desserts on our festive lucite trays. Removable inserts, and preppy, personalized patterns make this a must-have gift for any hostess!
Our exclusive Cake Plate Clingsdress up cake stands and serving dishes for any occasion! Acting as a modern doily, they are a non-adhesive, reusable decorative liner.