Custom parties are our favorites over here. 1) it’s always fun to create something new and 2) when they turn out THIS cute, they also tend to turn into our best-selling/most-pinned/most-cherished-parties. I’ve been holding this one in the hopper for quite a few months now. Not because I couldn’t wait to share it with you, but because I was hoping to share it once the new (and improved) shop was up and running and we could link to all of the paper goods. But, alas, perfection takes time. We’re counting down the days until that new shop launches, but for now…..for now, we are going to wow you with the details from this stunning Mermaid Under the Sea party!
I worked with one of my favorite little clients and her Mama to create the ultimate Mermaid party for her 6th birthday. You may remember her Monkey 1st Birthday, her Girly Elmo 2nd Birthday, her Hello Kitty 3rd Birthday, her Princess 4th Birthday or her Fashion Show 5th Birthday. It’s always a treat to work with these ladies and this party is so full of sparkling gorgeous details, I’m mostly going to let the photos do the talking.
A few details to look out for:
- The invitation was a folded invitation with an oversized foil-stamped mermaid on it. It was packaged in a clear box with crinkle paper and a mermaid sugar cookie, and tied up with a bow and personalized name tag. DARLING!
- The front yard featured lots of “bubbles” floating in the yard (balloons in shades of aqua and blue) along with two oversized mermaid cut outs on the front door. Note that these mermaids were decked out with a “statement necklace” of ribbons and shells.
- The entry way and hallways boasted green streamers and fish cut-outs on the walls to look like you were walking thru the sea, and it lead you into the family room where the kids table and bar was set up.
- The kids table was festive with a sequin tablecloth, custom fabric runner made from our Under the Sea pattern, and unique centerpieces in shell vases. Each placesetting held one of our bubble tins, and had a chair plaque featuring different shells. Jumbo balloons soared above the table like bubbles!
- The “bubbles bar” was set up on the kitchen island and featured fun drinks like “octopus punch” and “strawberry mermade”. We spray-painted shell photo holders a bright pink to hold our drink signage. “Sea Water” was served in bottles with matching labels, and all of the cups were dressed up with mermaid stickers and striped straws with our foil-stamped straw flags.
- The buffet was set up with gorgeous florals and hanging “bubbles” from the chandelier with roses in them. Napkin ties, food tent cards and wood stir sticks used for fruit kabobs helped to brand the table, and A Fare Extraordinaire created sea-worthy bites, such as crab croissants, starfish pizzas and more.
- Guests mingled outside in their outdoor living space, and we jazzed it up with throw pillows, florals, and created a focal point around the fireplace with colored lanterns, banners and themed posters. The show-stopper was the giant balloon arch leading out into the backyard!
- Kids enjoyed a bounce house, face painting, creating sand art, and more in the yard. My favorite activity was the dolphin ring toss game. This little (inexpensive) gem was dressed up with a floral wreath around the base to embellish it. I just LOVE how it turned out!
- The dessert table was a stunner! White cake stands popped on an aqua sequin tablecloth, and our fabulous mermaid backdrop sat center stage. Themed desserts included cupcakes with mermaid tails, starfish parfaits, sugar cookies, macarons with pearls, polka dot chocolate-covered oreos, bags of jelly “bubbles” and lots of purple candy.
- The tiered fondant birthday cake by Cakes by Gina was gorgeous with so much intricate detail!
- For party favors, Alexandra gifted her friends rhinestone swim goggles and a starfish wand. They were wrapped up with ribbon and a foil-stamped gift tag.
Stunning photos from Goodlight Photography.