The New Year means a shift in my daily routine. The craziness of the holiday season is behind me, as are the constant demands of looking pulled together and fashionable at all of the trunk shows and holiday parties I attend. January brings a new sense of calm to my daily schedule (is that possible with a 2 year old?!), yet I don’t want to fall into the oh, so easy habit of pulling my hair into a ponytail and bopping around town in my yoga pants. Just because it’s a studio-focused design month, doesn’t mean it should be a frumpy month, right?!
This weekend, I picked up a copy of PEOPLE StyleWatch® and InStyle® at my local Jewel-Osco for a little inspiration. I carved out a little “me time” Sunday night to enjoy some relaxation, get inspired and do a little primping. One of my New Years resolutions is to make sure I do this on a regular basis!
- Update my hair. It was time for an update. The fastest, simplest way to do that this season?! Long bangs, and some slight wave to your hair. So, I did it – I took the plunge and cut bangs. I do this about every 10 years when I need a change. They will hang around for awhile, and then I will grow them back out. But for now, I’m enjoying the change.
- Apply a couple basic make-up items a day, to look fresh and like I put a little effort into my appearance. For me, that includes under-eye concealer, blush, and a massive dose of mascara. My two-year-old son has eyelashes for days. Mama needs to at least try to keep up! 😉
- Incorporate the 2016 fashion colors into my shopping list for Spring.
- Keep my nails and toenails well-groomed at all times. A little red nail polish goes a long way!
- Accessorize more. Throwing on a gorgeous necklace or pair of earrings is a simple way to quickly elevate your everyday look. I am going to make it a point to pull out my baubles more often. I am also going to keep my favorite go-to pieces out on top of my dresser so it’s a quick grab in the morning. I pulled all of my favorite, oversized stud earrings into a little bowl on my dresser.
And as I mentioned above, I am going to make it a point to carve out a little “me time” more often! It’s good for a busy Mama’s soul! I encourage you to carve out a little time for relaxation and inspiration too.
Take advantage of $1.00 off participating titles (PEOPLE®, InStyle®, People StyleWatch®, Real Simple®, and Sunset®) with this digital offer until 2/15/16 while supplies last.
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and PEOPLE StyleWatch®, InStyle® Magazines but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #NewYearMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”