Creating a little Christmas magic for the little ones in my life is always a goal for the holiday season. This year, I want to host a “Breakfast with Santa” party – complete with our darling Santa party invitation, festive tablesetting, a donut breakfast bar, and Santa mug party favor.
A classic red and green color palette looks fresh against a crisp white backdrop. Here are a couple of my favorite details to look for in the photos:
- Our “Santa” party invitation is one of my all-time favorites. It could be used for a variety of Christmas events, and I love the simplicity of it and the preppy stripes on the back. You will see we play off the stripes in a few different places, like on the kids plates, and on the banner hanging above the donut bar.
- Our tablesetting contained a couple of festive elements: a personalized melamine plate that also served as a party favor, and a white napkin tied up with a red bow and big red jingle bell.
- The theme dictated a breakfast menu, so a donut bar was in order! I used my white cake stands to serve up different types of donuts, many of which were basic store-bought donuts I embellished myself with a little frosting and sprinkles!
- I used a red and white stripe banner from Target as the backdrop for the donut bar, and used 2″ silver foil letter stickers to spell out “believe” on the pennants.
- My favorite item on the donut bar were the cello bags full of powder sugar donuts with our santa sticker labeling them “snowballs.”
- We sent guests home with a charming Santa mug from the Martha Stewart Collection at Macy’s, tied up with cellophane and our big “special delivery” foil-stamped gift tags.