Halloween is such a fun holiday, especially for kids! With the holiday falling on a Saturday this year, it offers up the opportunity to host a little party. One of my favorite ways to entertain for Halloween is to invite neighbors over for sweets before trick-or-treating. Our pumpkin stripe party invitation is the perfect way to invite your guests – full of stripes, pumpkins and candy corn.
Halloween can give Mamas a to-do list a mile long, between costumes, school parties, candy for trick-or-treaters, etc. The idea of baking sweets for a party may be daunting enough for you to pull the plug on the idea. Don’t let it! Here are a couple tips for creating a clean, stylized presentation of store-bought goodies:
- Create a clean look by using all white, black and orange sweets
- Display all of your goodies on white cake stands and serving pieces, dress up one or two of them with an orange bow
- Embellish store-bought vanilla cupcakes with a candy corn pumpkin, brownies with candy corn, and make sure you pick up some of the Halloween Oreo cookies!
- Fill up little candy cups or baking cups with candy corn for little hands to grab
- Use foam letter stickers (available at your local craft store) to embellish milk bottles or glasses with “boo” or the kids’ names.