One of the challenges we face when planning custom birthday parties is the location, and what they will allow in terms of decorations. If your planning a party at home, the sky’s the limit when it comes to decorations. But at a restaurant, play place, farm, museum, etc. that’s not always the case.
One of our favorite clients asked us to help plan her son’s Under the Sea/Finding Nemo birthday party this past spring. The catch was, he wanted to have it at the Houston Aquarium. There was a restaurant, where they could decorate a table, but they could only get in 30 minutes prior! So….we had to plan smart, and come up with a few key details that would make the space look festive, yet that could be set up quickly!
A few fun details to take note of:
- The colorful tablesetting for the kids – we dressed up basic linens with a table runner made from our custom fish patterned fabric, and then popped it with paper plates, napkins, cups, and bubbles.
- We used turquoise foil accents throughout all of the paper goods, from the invitations, to the straw flags, to the party favor gift tags. It added to the look of bubbles!
- The adult guests were served a themed cocktail….blue, of course!
- The tiered cake by Cakes by Gina was spectacular!
- After the kids went on a fabulous tour around the aquarium, they took home a sand pail full of goodies, including a stuffed Nemo, and tied with a foil-stamped gift tag.