One of life’s greatest joys is welcoming a new baby into a family. So when my sister announced that she was expecting a baby, we were thrilled. She and I are both blessed with charming (and active, rambunctious, and sassy) little boys, so when they found out they were having a little girl….well, let’s just say we were all tickled pink! We come from a family of strong ladies – hard-working, entrepreneurs, caring, fashionable, and feisty – and it’s been 25 years since we welcomed a little girl into the family. So, a party was an absolute must!
The ladies of the family threw a “Flamingo Sips & Dips” this past weekend to celebrate the upcoming arrival of my new niece, and we had a blast with this theme. Since this is her second baby, we didn’t want to throw a full-blown baby shower, but more of a celebration and a reason to drink pink punch with the ladies! I hope you enjoy the peek below of the party – it was such a blast! We have a few more weeks before we meet the baby….we can’t wait!
Here are a few details to look for in terms of decor ideas:
- We used our brand new Pink Flamingo party invitation to invite guests. This is one of my favorite designs, and it comes in 8 different color ways. Perfect for a summer pool party, bridal or baby shower, birthday party or summer dinner party!
- We welcomed guests to the party with a festive entrance, complete with pink flamingos accessorized with green striped bows, balloons and a boxwood wreath on the front door that held a onesie that I decorated with our pink flamingo image.
- We set up one food buffet table to hold our appetizers and desserts. The table was dressed with a palm print tablecloth, and held two centerpieces that may be my absolute favorite ones that I have EVER done. We used basketweave vases from Target, and combined an assortment of hydrangeas, peonies, gladiolas and tulips in varying shades of pink and orange to create them, and topped them off with pink flamingos.
- The food was all served on baskets full of greenery, and instead of using standard food tent cards, we used Kate Aspen brushed gold, mini picture frames in a fretwork design from Party City to hold the food names. I loved the chic pop they gave the table.
- Frog Prince Cake & Cookie Design created the most darling pink flamingo cookies for us as a little sweet option.
- We set up a self-serve bar, making it simple for guests to help themselves, and to keep us hosts from running around filling up drinks! Two drink dispensers held pink lemonade and citrus-infused water. We embellished them with signage, gingham ribbon and pink tassels. Lilly Pulitzer flamingo cups were the perfect addition, and looked darling accessorized with our green striped straws with foil-stamped straw flags.
- We wanted a little nod to the ladies of our “flock”, so we displayed a baby photo of each of us girls on a lattice screen. Guests had a blast looking at them!
- To add a fun little “game” to the party, we asked guests to guess what the baby’s name will be.