Started in Germany in the 19th Century, the Advent Calendar has been used for more than 150 years and becomes increasingly popular every year. From a traditional calendar to calendars that feature chocolate hidden behind every door, to the more elaborate versions that have risen in popularity over the last few years.
I love a good do-it-yourself project around here, so I decided to craft a hanging wall calendar that could serve as a statement piece in my home for the season. It was very simple to do, here are my tips:
(2) old, wood frames | white spray paint | wire picture hanging kit | mini striped paper bags | mini wood clothespins | numbers | 1.5” craft punch | candy or treats
1. Spray paint two old, wood picture frames (depending on the original color, you may need a coat of primer first.
2. Once the frames have dried, measure out where your wires will hang (I spaced them out by 5.5”) and mark with a pencil on both sides of the frame.
3. Screw the picture hanging hooks into the inside edge of the picture frame, attach the wire and pull taught between screws.
4. Print out our FREE DOWNLOAD numbered tags, and punch them out with a 1.5” circle punch. Glue these to the top of the mini clothespins,
5. Fill bags with goodies and use the clothespins to attach to wire.