Love the idea of serving up color-coordinated snow cones at your summer party, but worried about the icy mess? Melissa Johnson of Best Friends for Frosting has you covered with her “snow cone” cupcakes. Simple to assemble, perfectly “summer” and can still be color coordinated to any party theme….this is going to be your new, go-to cupcake!
(12) 4 oz Styrofoam cups | ice cream scoop | 12 baked cupcakes | 1 batch of your favorite frosting | soft pink sugar sprinkles | 12 striped straws | 12 ice cream spoons
1. Remove wrapper from your cupcake and place the cupcake inside a Styrofoam cup.
2. Place prepared frosting in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes to stiffen. After the frosting becomes steadily firm, place one scoop of frosting on top of your cupcake. Pour pink sugar in to a small bowl. While holding the base of your cupcake, gently roll the frosting around in the sprinkles until it is thoroughly coated.
3. Make sure your cupcake has more than enough sprinkles on it. If you notice any bare spots, add more sprinkles.
4. Insert your straw at a tilted angle. Fun colored ice cream spoons will also make a fun & festive addition to your cupcake.
Photography by Chantel Elder from Eleakis & Elder Photography
For more summer entertaining ideas and tips, visit the latest issue of The Party Dress Magazine: