For our Modern Monogram bridal shower, we created a darling assortment of monogrammed napkins to dress up the tablesetting. They were simple to do, added a great pop to the table, and also served as a gift for the bride to bring home with her.
We gathered up supplies at our local Michael’s craft store: paint, stenciling flat brushes and script letter stencils from Martha Stewart’s new craft collection. We also found cotton, tangerine orange napkins at Home Goods ($8 for a set of 12!) to use.
1. Wash and iron your cloth napkins. Gather your supplies (mentioned above).
2. Place your stencil on the napkin where you would like your letter to go. We chose to place it diagonally in the corner of the napkin.
3. Place a small amount of your paint in a dish, and insert your brush. Dab the paint over the stencil to fill in the letter. Remember to dab, not brush.
4. Once the entire surface is covered with paint, let it dry and evaluate if you need a second coat.
5. Peel off the stencil. Use a q-tip to clean up any stray lines.
6. Your napkins are party-ready!