I am so excited to share the latest party by WH Hostess with you! Do you remember a few months ago when I showed you my “parties in progress?” This “Monkey Love” 1st birthday party was one of them. A few months in the making, a dream client and perfect party partner….this ended up being one amazing party! As a reminder, here is the original custom inspiration board I did for the client:
When Alexandra’s Mom, Shannon, came to me to create a custom inspiration board for her 1st birthday, she knew she wanted a monkey theme. I took that idea and ran with it. The theme became Monkey Love: a sweet 1st birthday party with a girly, vintage feel. A color palette of pale pink, hot pink, yellow, mint green and chocolate brown was born, and some of the ideas included:
- Centerpieces: cluster an arrangement of small vases with pink flowers, and a moss covered (cone-shaped) tree with flower embellishment. Place a small centerpiece stick with the monkey face coming out of one of the vases of flowers.
- Hang moss balls off polka dot ribbon, hang them on stakes and line pathways or an area of your yard. A miniature version could hang in clusters off a chandelier.
- Pink balloons clustered together make any area seem festive!
- Table Setting Ideas: Decorate the backs of chairs with strips of different pattered fabrics, and belt together with a large floral bloom.
- Use grass mats as placemats
- Serve pink and yellow lemonade out of small, glass bottles with a stripe straw.
- Make an ice cream sundae bar a main focus for your party. Lay it out in a stylized fashion, with coordinating labels, signs and banners from WH Hostess. Include a special area dedicated to banana split toppings!
- Incorporate cake plates full of cupcakes with coordinating toppers, chocolate-covered oreo cookie pops with mini bananas on them, and a special smash cake for the birthday girl with a monkey fondant topper.
- Paper Goods: Polka dot napkins in pink, yellow and green, with solid pink plates.
- Place a monkey sticker from WH Hostess on pink and yellow paper cups to dress them up.
- Mini stuffed monkeys make the perfect party favor!
- Bubble Tins with coordinating labels from WH Hostess, pipe cleaner wands and embellished with ribbon make a darling party favor (and serve as an activity during the party)!
The party planning progressed quickly, and Shannon hired me to create a collection of coordinating party goods and Christi of P is for Party to style the event. Talk about a fabulous team, right?! Here are some of the paper goods that I came up with….stay tuned tomorrow for the pictures and details of the party!
Images: invitation (whhostess.com), chair decoration (hostessblog.com), centerpiece (jldesigns.com), hanging moss balls (jldesigns.com), grass placemats (mommybabble.com), ice cream sundae bar (eatdrinkchic.com), banana split toppings (midwestliving.com), monkey cake topper (etsy.com), banana fondant toppers (etsy.com), monkey party favors (partyspot.com), pink drinks (brides.com), bubble tins (stylemepretty.com), monkey sign (etsy.com), peony centerpiece (josevillablog.com)