Yesterday, I showed you a peak into the engagement dinner party I threw for my sister over the weekend. The highlight of the decor was definitely the sunflower centerpiece….I loved the combination of the “palm-beach-chic” footed bowl and the sunflowers! Today, I am here to share with you instructions, so you can re-create this look too!
1. Gather your materials: a footed bowl, a wet foam half circle, and sunflowers (any full flower would work!).
2. Cut your foam to fit into the footed bowl (I squared off my sides to make it fit well), and soak it with water so it holds moisture.
3. Cut your flower so they have a 2-3″ stem – if your stems are not strong enough, use a little floral wire to strengthen them. Starting at the very top of your foam, insert the stems into your foam.
4. Make sure you space your blooms far enough that the stems won’t hit each other when being inserted into the foam, but close enough that you create a compact arrangement.
5. Repeat, working downwards from the top.
6. Voila! The finish product! Perfect for a dinner party, bridal shower or wedding celebration.