Jenna of Eat Drink Pretty blog sent me a darling bridal shower she recently hosted for her best friend Kristin who is getting married in September. The shower theme was vintage/garden and I just fell in love with all of the chic little details….
A few details from Jenna herself:
- Gorgeous flowers, lots of lace, a perfect backyard venue, good food and drinks and a lot of fun guests and hosts brought this shower to life!
- Using different color ribbon, I hung bud vases from the side of the tent.
- I found cute yellow floral fabric at JoAnn Fabrics and created bunting. I took many shortcuts making this bunting. There was no sewing involved (I don’t own a sewing machine and though I may seem somewhat crafty, I have no idea how to sew). Instead, I cut penants and then used fabric glue to adhere them to a pretty lace ribbon. It was so simple and I loved the results. Materials needed: fabric, scissors, ribbon and fabric glue.
- The flowers were from one of the bridesmaids mom’s house. They really helped bring the “garden” vibe to the shower given the flowers were truly from a garden and we had tons and tons of them. The flowers were placed in mason jars and then some were tied with lace ribbon.
- We used a tea pot and some dainty tea cups/saucers as decor. Delicate, simple and lovely.
- We had a brunch cocktail table set up with build-your-own mimosas, bellinis and bloody mary’s. If you haven’t noticed already, I am a huge fan of alcoholic beverages at showers!
- I used a free download for the drink tags via Eat Drink Chic. I absolutely love finding free downloads for party stationery!
- Kristin chose her favorite cupcakes from Cafe Latte in St. Paul for dessert, chocolate with vanilla buttercream. I embellished them with an edible pansy from one of my favorite Mpls Farmers’ Market vendors, Dehn’s Garden.
- Mini chalkboards were used to label the dessert and menu
Gorgeous details, right?! I especially love the hanging bud vases (they fit right into my hanging decoration obsession!) I think you could pull inspiration from this for a baby shower, birthday party or luncheon, too!