We’ve been having quite the heat wave here in Chicago this summer! The heat has me craving decor that SCREAMS summer, and now that the fourth of july and my birthday are over, my house needs a little summer update to get me thru until fall.
I’ve scoured the web for ideas, and here are a few that stood out to me that are perfect for making my home party-ready all summer long:
- Use sand dollars as placecards at your next dinner party. Simply write your guest’s name on the top and place it atop their napkin.
- Fill hurricanes or large cylinder vases with sand. You can add in some sea shells or starfish to add more of a beach look to it. These would be great clustered together on your table, or place large vessels on the floor.
- I keep fresh flowers in the house at all times. They make me happy! I love, love, love all white flowers – so this table setting just spoke to me!
- I love the idea of a miniature pie as a party favor for each one of your guests. Such a darling, homespun idea….perfect for a summer bbq!
- Create a hanging votive candle chandelier to hang over your patio table. This one was made out of simple, hardware store purchases – a pizza pan, chain links and a hook! Simply cover it with moss, add a few candles and voila! An inexpensive yet stylish update.
- It’s always good to have a couple hostess gifts on hand for those last minute invitations. These sea shell soaps from Beau-Coup are perfect! They also make a lovely party favor for a summer bridal shower or birthday party.
- Lemonade. This is my summer drink of choice and I simply can’t get enough! I love the idea of bottling it in juice bottles and gifting it to my guests at my next dinner party!
- Adding starfish to your decor adds a beach-y feeling that I just love! Tie a name card onto them and they serve as a fabulous placecard.
- Lanterns add a twinkle to your yard – whether they are big or small. Repeat, repeat, repeat! Trust me, they will add a festive feel to your home and yard!
Those are my finds for updating my home’s summer decor…..what are yours?
Images: sand dollar placecards, starfish placecards, mason jar lanterns (theknot.com), hurricanes (midwestliving.com), pie tablesetting (stylemepretty.com), hanging votive chandelier(goodhousekeeping.com), sea shell soaps (beau-coup.com), lemonade (eatdrinkchic.com)
Amazon and Beau-Coup are preferred sponsors of The Party Dress. For more information regarding advertising, please click here.