Make a simple reusable sandwich bag from oil cloth. There are tons of great prints out there (look at your local fabric or craft store) and can be hand washed after each use. Stylish and good for the environment – they would also be great for your kids playdates!
Here’s the how-to:
- cut a rectangle approximately 8 1/2″ x 16 1/2″ out of oilcloth with pinking shears or sharp scissors.
- turn edges under 1/4″ and stitch with machine.
- with wrong sides facing each other, fold over oilcloth leaving 2 1/2″ of extra material for the flap.
- stitch along sides to form the pocket.
- attach velcro on flap and pocket of bag.
- enjoy your reusable sandwich bag and hand wash with soap and water.
I found some great oilcloth fabric that you can buy by the yard at Doxie Shop. Here are a couple that I think would be perfect for these sandwich bags: