This Spring, encourage your kids to explore the backyard by throwing a Safari theme birthday party!
This easy-to-do adventure will thrill your smallest explorers….here are a few ideas:
- Use postcards of Africa as your invitations – write something cute, like “We are going WILD for Matthew’s 5th Birthday!”
- To decorate your house and yard, make an animal track path throughout your house. Use black paint or markers to draw tracks on a roll of brown Kraft paper. Tape the long roll of paper to the floor so the kids can follow the animal footprints all the way to the party table.
- Drape a mosquito net canopy from the ceiling and decorate it with toy bugs, plastic monkeys, giraffes and zebras.
- Fill the area with clusters of animal print, brown and green latex balloons.
- Set your food table with animal print plates, and red, orange and brown napkins and tumblers.
- Use a large square of real or fake grass as your centerpiece – place bunches of bananas and animal crackers in the center of the table for when your hungry explorers return from their safari adventure.
You are going to need a few activities/games to keep your little explorers busy:
- Decorate a Monkey Picture Frame to bring home as a party favor
Enjoy the Safari…I hope your guests don’t get too WILD!