I admit it…I have Spring Fever! I find myself day-dreaming about sunshine, flowers and the smell of freshly cut grass. I long for the days when friends gather for a bbq on the beach, a glass of wine on the patio, or a visit to the local farmer’s market. Unfortunately, the weather isn’t cooperating with my day-dreams….at least not this week! So it’s up to me to create a sunny afternoon with friends!
Here is inspiration for a casual Saturday lunch with the girls…
- Your friends will feel extra special when you surprise them with this fabulous, lime green invitation from www.finestationery.com
- Welcome your guests with one of my favorite drinks, a Mimosa (see recipe at www.williams-sonoma.com)
- Set a simple table using cylinders of fruit such as lemons, limes and pears as your centerpiece (via www.instyleweddings.com)
- For lunch, serve a Romaine, Gorgonzola and Walnut Salad (see recipe at www.williams-sonoma.com) and a just-out-of-the-oven Popover (see recipe at www.williams-sonoma.com)
- After a leisurely lunch, surprise them with frosted sugar cookies for dessert(via www.brides.com)